What's my bio?
After years as CIO in Latin America for MAPFRE, he rejoins in July 2019 in Spain to lead the innovation initiatives of the company, in view of the clear commitment of MAPFRE Iberia in the transformation process of the company and within the MAPFRE group strategy. In this new stage, developing a very close relationship with the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Relevant figure in the creation of the innovative ecosystem in Mexico, as an advisor in the working groups that defined the Fintech law in the country.
Extensive knowledge of the Insurtech and Fintech movement at a global level.
Mentor in Endeavor, MassCHallenge and Startbootcamp, collaborator with DuxCapital,
Collaborator of IE in Mexico in the creation of the innovation model for LATAM.
Member of the RED innova of Fundación MAPFRE and permanent member of the annual call for SOCIAL INNOVATION Awards, of the aforementioned entity.
He has 23 years as a professional in multinationals, holding various management positions such as CIO for the LATAM Region, Chief Operations Officer in LATAM NORTH, CIO in Mexico, Head IT Model Globalization, CIO Global Risks and Chief Digital Transformation.
During his time in the Americas, he actively participated in creating collaborative models.
- Founder and Chairman of the Technology Committee of the Mexican Association of Insurance Institutions.
- Chairman and founder of the advisory board CIONET Mexico and Founder MEMBER of advisory CIONET LATAM Board.
- FUNASALUD Mexico Technical Scientific Coordinator of the Study on the impact of technology in the development of the Health sector in Mexico. Developing the health white paper for candidates in the 2017 elections.
- Awarded in 2019, 2018 and in 2107 with the 50 HiTec distinction, as one of the 50 most influential people in the field of Technology in America.
- Awarded in 2018 with the IT Master innovation award, in the field of Healthcare solutions.
- Awarded in 2017 with the Four Star Latin America distinction by Isurance IIR.
Juan holds a Master in Industrial Organization, Industrial Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, MBA as well as an Expert East Asian Studies and an Executive Program in Digital Innovation and IT Governance from Instituto Empresa (IE). Mentor Purpose Launchpad Methodology and expert in agile methodologies, design.